Tuna sauce rolls ring recipe, a beautiful rustic salted cake made of delicious rolls stuffed with tuna sauce. The rolls ring is an easy recipe, perfect to serve as a second course, for an aperitif or a buffet. To prepare the tuna sauce you can use any kind of tuna, in oil or water. For the Christmas holidays decorate the ring cake with a beautiful red ribbon before bringing it to the table, or to give it to friends when you are invited to dinner. Follow the recipe …
- Tempo di preparazione: 15 min
- Tempo di cottura: 35 min
- Pronto in: 50 min
For the rolls
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 120 ml milk
- 120 ml seed oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 16 g baking powder
- 400 g flour
For the tuna sauce
- 160 g tuna
- 70 g pickles
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
DOSI PER SERVINGS
- In a bowl pour the ricotta, milk, seed oil and the baking powder, mix well with a spoon and add the flour a little at a time.
- When the dough is solid, knead it with your hands on the work surface, continuing to add flour, until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough. Then keep it aside.
- Now prepare the tuna sauce. In a blender pour the drained tuna, the pickles, the mayonnaise, the tomato paste. Mix for a few seconds and it is ready.
- On a floured baking paper sheet spread the dough with your hands and with a rolling pin. Try to get a rectangular shape about 50 cm wide and about 1/2 cm thick.
- Then cover the dough with the tuna sauce. Roll up with the help of the baking paper sheet.
- Prepare a round cake pan with a diameter of 30 cm. Line the bottom with the baking paper. Take a 10 cm diameter pasta cutter (or an aluminum cup of the same size, or a cup that can go into the oven) and place it in the center.
- Cut the roll into slices about 2 cm thick, to get about 20-22. Arrange the rolls all around the center to form the ring cake.
- Bake for 35 minutes, at 175 °C/335°F with a static oven or at 165 °C /315°F on a ventilated oven. The rolls will grow sticking together and forming a beautiful cake.
- After the cooking time, place the tuna sauce rolls ring on a plate.
- Then decorate with a red ribbon by rolling it along the whole and ending with a beautiful bow. You are ready to serve. Let me know what you think and share the recipe with your friends!