Lemon caprese cake easy recipe. The cake is made with almond flour and is a delicious gluten-free cake suitable for intolerant, because it does not contain wheat flour. It is a soft and delicate cake, a variation of the classic chocolate caprese cake.
To prepare it, use a 24 cm diameter cake pan.
You can use the almond flour or finely ground 200g of almonds in the food processor.
Try also the classic chocolate caprese cake
- 200 g almond flour
- 4 eggs
- grated peel of a lemon
- 160 g sugar
- 150 g butter
- 30 ml limoncello liqueur
- 70 g potato starch
- 8 g baking powder
- icing sugar for garnish
- Take two large bowls and break the eggs separating yolks and egg whites.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer.
- Take the bowl with the egg yolks and add the grated peel of a lemon. Add the sugar and mix with the electric mixer. Add the melted butter, limoncello and potato starch a little at a time.
- Mix until you get a nice homogeneous mixture, then add the baking powder and mix again.
- Finally add the almond flour a little at a time. Gently mix to incorporate it all.
- Take a 24 cm diameter cake pan with the bottom lined with baking paper. Pour the mixture and level with a spatula or a spoon.
- Bake for 40 minutes, at 180°C / 350 F / Gas 4 in a static oven or 170°C / 375° F / Gas 5 in a ventilated oven.
- After cooking, wait a few minutes. Then open the cake pan.
- Decorate with icing sugar and lemon slices. The lemon caprese cake is ready to be enjoyed after lunch or for breakfast.
- If you like the lemon caprese cake recipe , share it with your friends and send me the pictures of your cake. See you soon!