Cream and chocolate marble ring cake is a quick and easy recipe to prepare, perfect for daily breakfast. In Italy, we call this soft ring cake “ciambellone”, it is very good to soak with milk in the morning. The ring cake is also very good as kid’s breakfast or snack. When they go to school, you can put a nice slice of homemade ring cake in their backpack, instead of packaged snacks.
- 3 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 200 ml fresh cream
- 45 g sunflower oil
- 320 g flour 00
- 15 g bitter cocoa
- 16 g baking powder
- pearl sugar to garnish
- In a bowl, break the eggs and whip whit an electric whisk. Then add sugar and fresh cream, keep on whipping. Add oil and flour a little at a time. Finally add baking powder.
- Take a ring cake mold, with these ingredients it should be a 26 cm diameter mold, grease well with oil, and flour. Pour half of the dough.
- To the rest of the dough, add bitter cocoa and mix very well. Then pour the cocoa dough into the mold. Garnish the ring cake with pearl sugar on top.
- Bake at 180 °C / 350° F / Gas 4 for 35 to 40 minutes in a static oven.
- After cooking, allow it cool for few minutes, then remove it from the mold and place it on a tray. Let it cool completely. The cream and chocolate marble ring cake is ready.
- You can cut it into slices before you taste it. You'll see that is soft and has a good fragrance, the slices also have a beautiful and decorative effect. Try this easy recipe for a delicious marble ring cake.