Easter Dove Bread is very easy to make and perfect to prepare in advance. Unlike the traditional Easter Dove Bread, my recipe is very quick to make. To flavor it I use orange and lemon rind and almond aroma. Also I like to add candied fruit to the dough. Alternatively you can add chopped almonds or chocolate chips!
- 3 eggs
- 350 g flour
- 90 g sunflower oil
- 170 g milk
- 150(200) g sugar
- lemon and orange rind
- 4 ml Almond aroma
- 16 g baking powder for pizza
- candied fruits
- sugar in grains
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks and whisk the egg whites.
- Add the sugar to the yolks and the grated peel of an orange and a lemon.
- Add the almond aroma.
- Start to mix all the ingredients and add the oil a little at a time.
- Add the milk and flour a little at a time, continuing to mix.
- Add the baking powder and mix well.
- Now incorporate the egg whites a little at a time and mix gently.
- Finally add the candied fruits to the dough.
- Place the dough in a cake pan, and garnish the surface adding a few almonds and the sugar in grains.
- Bake in a static oven at 180 °C/356°F for 40 minutes, or in a ventilated oven at 170°C / 338°F for 40 minutes.